Skip to main content

For tenants

What can Official Visitors do for you and your carers?

You can ask Official Visitors:

  • To assist you to talk to staff (doctors, nurses, social worker, peer worker)
  • To assist you to make requests and have your voice heard
  • About your rights
  • About things that you are worried about
Official Visitors are people:
  • With experience talking to staff in mental health services
  • Independent from NSW Health
  • Appointed by the Minister for Mental Health
Official Visitors talk to:
  • People in a mental health unit, Emergency Department, or people with a Community Treatment Order
  • Your family, friends and carers
  • A variety of NSW Health staff